Prepare your Garden for the Summer - 5 Hot Tips
So, to help you get the most from your outside space this summer, here are 5 ways to prepare your garden.
1. Neaten the lawnThe quickest and easiest way to help your garden look summer-ready is by dusting off the cobwebs to your lawn mower. Make sure to remove any fallen branches, debris or obstacles that may be in your way and give your lawn a fresh cut for the start of summer 2024. After mowing, turn to the edges and sculpt your lawn with long-handled edging shears. Pull weeds, trim any hedges and tidy up your flowerbeds. You’ll be surprised at how much of a difference a little landscape maintenance can make to the overall look of your garden.
2. Get your grill readyLikely after a year out of use, your grill may need some attention in time for the summer barbeques. Take some time to give your grill a thorough clean with hot water, dish soap and a grill brush. Tackle the hood and inside walls of your grill too for a summer-ready cooking station that looks good as new.
3. Use a jet washJet washing can make a world of a difference to how your garden looks, and can be used to clean almost anything. From your outdoor patio, to decking and fence, jet washing can remove any unwanted grime in a matter of minutes.
Take precaution when using on softer, more delicate surfaces though. A powerful setting up close can do more damage than good to a timber fence. Start on a lower setting and leave plenty of space between you and the surface you’re cleaning.
If you're looking to brighten up the decking in your garden, check out our article '4 Simple Ways to Brighten up your old Decking'.
4. Assess your outdoor lightingAs a frequently missed element by homeowners, outdoor lighting plays a huge part in the aesthetics and practicality of your garden. Place thoughtful lighting fixtures around walkways, seating areas, and on the outside of your home for a functional and charming finishing touch. Check out the range of garden lighting from ellumière; simple to install and no electrician required.
5. Enhance your boundary with fencing
Fences form a boundary line, mark the land that you own, while providing privacy and security for your garden. But they go beyond being a solely practical outdoor barrier. Fences have the potential to add style and character to your garden, and even change or influence its entire look.
There are many benefits to a new garden fence - coming in hundreds of styles, finishes and colours to suit the individual needs of your property, as well as eco-friendly options, and low maintenance choices too.
So why not install a brand new fence ready for this summer?
DuraPost® is a galvanised steel fencing system that has shaped the ‘new normal’ for fencing. It is strong, versatile, and fit for purpose, providing homeowners with a way to customise their fence just the way they want it. With a range of colours, styles, and matching accessories, DuraPost® can bring the best out of your garden this summer. It benefits from a sleek, in-line finish, and patented design, putting DuraPost® head and shoulders above timber and concrete fence posts.
DuraPost® is also completely maintenance-free, 100% recyclable and tested to withstand high wind speeds too.
If you’re interested in learning more about DuraPost®, you can view the system in further detail here. Alternatively, use our free Fence Builder app and start configuring your very own DuraPost® fence today. Got questions? Our friendly team are standing by to help. Contact us about the DuraPost® system today for advice from the experts.
ellumière 'plug n play' garden lighting system
Easy to install, no electrician required and comes with a 2 year warranty