Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Trade Account
- Returns Policy
- Faulty Products
- Product Information
- Account Information
- Area Sales Representatives Contact Details
- Marketing Support for stockists
What are your office opening hours?
- Monday to Friday 7.30am – 5pm
What is the best contact number for Birkdale Sales?
- Our Customer Loyalty Team are very knowledgeable and always happy to help
- They can be contacted on 0345 450 9000 during office hours Monday – Friday.
2. Your Trade Account
In order to purchase from Birkdale Sales, you will need to have a trade account set up with us. If you are an existing business in either the UK or Ireland you can also apply for a credit account with us.
Why do I need to open a trade account to place an order?
- Birkdale Sales is a wholesaler who sell to trade only and so to protect our Merchant’s we need to be able to qualify the people that we are selling to.
How do I apply to open a credit account?
- To start the application process please click here
- Your account will typically be ready to use within 24 hours.
What are my account payment terms?
- This will depend whether you have a credit account with us or if you are required to pay with order.
- Please double check with your Sales Representative or a member of the Customer Loyalty team if you are unsure.
How do I register my existing account to use the online services?
- Please click here to register your existing account.
- You will be able to access your account the next working day.
I have forgotten my password; how can I change it?
- Please click here and you shall be able to retrieve your password using the email address that you signed up with.
How do I place an order?
- We have several ways for you to place your orders as follows;
1. Directly through our website – Click here for our extensive range of products
2. By calling a member of our Customer Loyalty team on 0345 450 9000 during our office hours which are 7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
3. By sending an email across to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. By sending a fax to 0345 450 9085
What is your minimum order value?
- Our minimum order value is £50 per transaction
Can I add something on to an order I have already placed?
- Yes, if it is on the same day and before 5pm.
- Please give our Customer Loyalty team a call and they will add it on to your existing order so that you can avoid an additional delivery charge.
What does the order value need to be to qualify for free delivery?
- This will depend on the terms of your account, please contact a member of the Customer Loyalty team to find out.
What are your normal delivery timescales?
- Our catalogue range:
UK - Orders placed before 5pm will be despatched on the same day and delivered the next day via our couriers.
Ireland – Orders placed before 5pm will be delivered within 2 – 3 working days.
- Fencemate® Post Concrete:
UK - Our free standard delivery is 2 – 3 working days when ordered before 12 midday.
If you would like to upgrade to a next day delivery there is an additional charge which is dependent on location. Please give the Customer Service Loyalty team a call to arrange.
Ireland – due to high delivery costs, unfortunately we are not able to sell Fencemate® Post Concrete in Ireland.
I have a problem with my delivery / I need to amend the details of the delivery, what shall I do?
- Please give the office a call on 0345 450 9000 or send an email across to email@example.com and a member of the Customer Loyalty team will be able to assist you.
5. Returns Policy
What is your returns policy?
- We have a No quibble returns policy if you are not 100% satisfied with our products within 90 days of purchasing the items.
- Please advise your Sales Representative, contact the Customer Loyalty Team on 0345 450 9000 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall advise how to make your return.
6. Faulty Products
What do I do if my product is faulty?
- Please contact the Customer Loyalty team and they will look in to the problem for you.
- If you can send pictures of the fault to email@example.com that is always very helpful.
- Where possible we will always aim to send out a replacement as soon as possible.
7. Product Information
Where can I find technical information about a product?
- We are in the process of adding product sheets to each item on our website, so please check back regularly
- In the meantime, our Customer Loyalty team are very knowledgeable and are more than happy to help or find out the information that you need.
- Additionally, our pre-packed ranges Gatemate® and Fencemate®, include fitting instructions with each product.
8. Account Information
I need a copy of an invoice / information about my account where can I get this?
- Please give a member of the Customer Loyalty team on 0345 450 9000 and they will either provide the information that you need or pass you through to accounts for more complex matters.
- If you have registered your account to use our online service and you are logged in you can also view a copy of your invoice online.
I need to pay a bill; how can I do this?
- We have several ways for you to pay your account as we want to make things as efficient as possible for you.
1. If you are in the UK you can call our Customer loyalty team on 0345 450 9000 and they will be able to take payment over the phone.
Sorry, this service is not currently available to our Customers in Ireland.
2. You can pay online if you have registered your account for Website services. You will need to be logged in to do this.
3. If you have a Sterling account, you can pay via BAC’s using the following Account Details;
Account Name: BJA Trading LTD/t/a Birkdale Sales
Account Number: 10101540
Sort code: 20 – 27 - 55
Reference: Please use your invoice number
If you are paying via BAC’s please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Invoice number so that we can look out for the payment.
9. Area Sales Representative Contact Details
How do I know who is my area sales representative and how do I contact them?
- Please click here for a list of our Area Sales Representatives and their contact details.
- If you are unable to get hold of your rep please do not hesitate to give a member of the Customer Loyalty Team a call; they will be more than happy to help or organise for your rep to come and see you.
10. Marketing Support for Stockists
We want to help our stockists be as successful as possible and so we provide a free of charge Merchandising service to install and maintain different point of sales solutions to make your stock look as attractive as possible.
We also stock a range of marketing materials such as catalogues, flyers, product sheets etc.
How do I order marketing materials / POS solutions or arrange a visit from the merchandising team?
- Please speak to your Sales Representative and they will help to advise the best solution for you and organise what you need.