- The following definitions apply in these Conditions:
Announcement Date: means 30 Business Days from the Draw Date.
Business Day: a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England, when banks in London are open for business.
Closing Date: means 30th April 2020.
Conditions: these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
Opening Date: means 18th April 2020.
Promoter: means BJA Trading Limited (Company No. 05547795) trading as Birkdale Sales whose registered office is at Granville House, The Heights Business Park, Ibstone Road, Stokenchurch, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP14 3BG.
2. The competition
The title of the competition is ’DuraPost: Enter to win £1,000 towards your new DuraPost garden fence’.
3. How to enter
- The competition will run from the Opening Date to the Closing Date inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- To enter the competition, entrants must:
- submit a completed entry form online at http://birkdalesales.com/durapost/win/ by the Closing Date; and
- be able and willing to provide a customer testimonial in relation their completed DuraPost garden installation, including but not limited to:
- promotion of the finished material across media publications, both online and offline, at the discretion of the Promoter for the promotion of DuraPost.
- By entering into this competition, you expressly provide your consent for your information (if you win) to be used as envisaged by Condition 3.3.
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.Please see http://birkdalesales.com/durapost/win/ for a copy of the Conditions.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over at the time of entry, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) above.
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of any entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided.
- The Promoter may withhold issue of a prize until it has received such evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5. The Prize
- The prize is:
- £1,000 credit towards their DuraPost project and only one prize is available.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize. If the cost of your fence is less than the prize money, the balance is not available to you to use for any other products with the DuraPost stockist, nor is the balance available to be taken as cash or in any other form.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The winner will be selected at random. The draw for the winner will take place within one week of the Closing Date for all entries (Draw Date) unless otherwise specified.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the winner as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number and/or email address provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
- The Promoter shall either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners to anyone who writes to the address set out in Condition 1 within one month after the Closing Date of the competition.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter, details of which can be found in Condition 12. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- All entrants and/or winners must comply with any directions given to them by the Promoter and/or their agents and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and restrictions. Failure to comply with instructions, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
7. Claiming the prize
- The prize will be issued as a credit at your local DuraPost stockist upon payment of your order.
- Please allow 30 Business Days for the prize to be available at your local DuraPost stockist.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, is not available or has not claimed their prize within 30 Business Days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected at random from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
8. Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the suitability of DuraPost products for your use, nor does the Promoter represent that the prize money will fund the cost of your fence to any particular level or in any particular proportion.
9. Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
All competition entries and any accompanying material (including any intellectual property therein) submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
10. Data protection and publicity
- By taking part in the competition you agree to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request if you are the winner of the competition. You agree that the Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter) may in its sole discretion use the winner’s name and image and their comments relating to the prize and their experience, as set out in Condition 3.3(b), for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media outlet without notice and without any fee being paid.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
12. Contact details and further information
- If you have any comment, query or complaint in relation to these Conditions, you may register it with the Promoter who can be contacted by:
- telephone on 0345 646 0591 or
- email at [email protected]
- For a hard copy of these Conditions, please contact the Promoter as set out above or send a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter’s registered office address.