Peace of mind is guaranteed with DuraPost® steel fence posts
Made in the UK from galvanised steel. Designed to face the worst weather conditions without warping or cracking. We are proud to offer up to 25 years warranty for our DuraPost® steel fence posts against structural failure due to corrosion subject to normal maintenance and proper use.
The length of the guarantee is dependent on whether the product has been powder-coated and the nature of the local environment.
To register your guarantee with us please click here.
In the event of product structural failure due to corrosion, the product will be replaced free of charge provided that none of the exclusions apply.
- You are able to provide evidence of the structural failure at a location related to a previously registered guarantee; structural failure is defined as the DuraPost® fence post cracking due to corrosion resulting in the fence falling over.
- No alterations have been made to the product.
- The guarantee has been registered with all details correctly submitted.
- The claim relates to a location in the UK or Ireland.
The DuraPost® Guarantee shall not apply to defects caused by:
- Misuse of the product.
- Accidental Damage to the product.
- Coating applied to the product which we consider to be harmful to the anti-corrosion properties of the product.
- Failure that is not due to corrosion of the product.
- Damage to the product caused by installation or cut/damaged surfaces being left untreated.
- Corrosive damage due to excessive levels of Sulphur Dioxide, and/or Carbon Dioxide and/or similar corrosive gases in the atmosphere or corrosive chemicals in the soil.
- Corrosion caused by events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. For example, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; epidemic or pandemic; terrorist attack, war, civil commotion or riots, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom, collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident.
- If located within 1 mile of the coast then the standard guarantee is reduced to 1 year (pre-galvanised posts) and 5 years (pre-galvanised and powder coated posts) due to increased risk of corrosion.
Please note that:
- Birkdale Sales reserve the right to request proof of the defective product, whether that proof be by requesting photographs and/or a representative being called out to inspect the product. A charge of £100.00 (One Hundred Pounds) will be payable for any call out. This charge will be refunded should the inspection confirm that there is a defect with the product;
- This guarantee covers the cost of replacing defective posts only. Removal and disposal of defective posts and any indirect or consequential costs incurred are excluded, as are any unforeseeable losses or damages. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process;
- The rights and benefits under this guarantee are additional to your statutory rights, which are not affected by the conditions and exclusions in this guarantee;
- Nothing in this guarantee shall limit our obligations in respect of any injury or death of persons caused by our negligence;
The DuraPost® Guarantee is provided by BJA Trading Limited t/a Birkdale Sales (Company No. 5547795) whose registered office is at Granville House The Heights Business Park, Ibstone Road, Stokenchurch, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP14 3BG.
When making a claim please contact our Customer Service Team on 0345 646 0591, quoting your name, guarantee registration number and date of purchase.